Well, this week for on the Fourth of July I thought I would add a twist on plain old painting and add a texture. I didn't plan ahead on the added texture, just grabbed an ingredient in my parents kitchen and added it to Littlemiss's red, white, and blue paint. I added oatmeal. I was hoping Littlemiss and her buddy would dig in hands first and love it, BUT the moment she touched it she exclaimed, "EWWWW!!!" I don't blame her it looked and felt like gooey oatmeal. Next time I try this I'm going to do a few things differently. 1) I'm going to mix the oatmeal with some finger paints or an edible sensory material to encourage her to touch it. 2) No paint brushes!
Ingredients: paint, glitter, glue, and oatmeal.
They found rocks and had to paint them too :)
The oatmeal definitely added texture to the pictures! They looked pretty cool after they dried too with the bumps from the oatmeal.
Good idea, I think the oatmeal would absorb some of the liquid and make it gooey - maybe rice or lentils would work better? We should def experiment!
ReplyDelete