Monday, June 4, 2012

Tot School: Letter L

We are gently sliding into a Tot School routine for this summer. Generally I tend to set my expectations too high and get disappointed when things are not realistically working out, so I've decided to ease into our new routine. I need to learn flexibility and grace when it comes to transitioning to something new! The days we have Tot School, Littlemiss loves it! I have some fun ideas in the plans for this summer.  

Littlemiss is 32 months old
Tot School


For the first few weeks we are doing the letter "L" and are using Carissa at 1+1+1=1's Raising Rock Star Preschooler's letter printables and her alphabet animal printables. Some of the RRSP's stuff is above Littlemiss's head (sight words and letter writing), but she has been showing signs of readiness for pre-reading and pre-writing skills. I will challenge her, but not push her if she's not ready for some of the activities. I really love that the lesson is centered around a Bible verse. Littlemiss loves animals so the animal printables were a no-brainer and I love having a theme to base our activities and toys on for the week. 


We used fun foam instead of play dough to make the letters. Littlemiss played with this for a good 20 minutes, so it was a hit!
 

I made the "snakes" and Littlemiss made the letters. She smashed a huge blob of foam on it before I could snap a pic though!
 

She played with a her lion and lamb figures a lot this week as well. They got covered in foam as well. You can barely see the sheep drowning in foam :)
 



Playing with her Melissa and Doug Locks and Latches board. I keep wondering if I'm going to regret teaching her how to open all these locks and latches :/
 



She wanted to do her ABC puzzle. She took all the letters off the board and one by one we took turns picking an object and matching the letter that goes with it. See how she did every other row...this girl is starting to show signs of wanting order to things, just like her Momma.
 

She lined up the letters as she took them off :)
 

Like a true girl she chose all the sparkly pom poms first!
 

We collected leaves in the backyard and looked at them with her magnifying glass.



These are asian picks for eating food for kids. Littlemiss sometimes uses them when eating fruit. She lined them up on her piece of melon and pushed it around singing a choo choo song. I love seeing her creative mind at work!


Just hanging out!


We went swimming with some friends. I put BooBoo on the ground at the pool and he splashed and played in the water.
 

This counts as sensory play!


We started going to the park more.


Spinning!!!


We went to Austin to visit Granny and Big Daddy. Granny has a fabulous garden with all sorts of fruits and veggies. Littlemiss got to pick a carrot that we later ate!


With her cousin, who picked a good-sized carrot.


0 comments:

Post a Comment